8/24/14 - Laverne Cox at the 2014 MTV Video Music Awards in LA.
haus-of-grotesque’s 1,000 follower giveaway!
Thank you all for following me and supporting my work! To thank you properly I thought I’d do a little giveway so here we go!
The winner will receive one of my new skirts (pictured above) and it will be fully custom!
You can choose between pencil or skater style, whichever velvet appliqué design you want OR a custom appliqué design (must be a silhouette and simple enough for it to be translated into appliqué), you don’t even need to have appliqué if you’d prefer it plain! You can have pockets or no pockets, whichever colour you want (depending on the fabric colours available, of course.) It can also be custom sized if you require it so ANY size can enter (seriously, you could be a size 0 or a size 40, I will make it for you!) The only thing I will not change is the length, unless it’s only by 10cm or so.
- Reblog to enter! Likes do not count and you can only reblog twice a day so you aren’t spamming your followers
- You must be following my brand, corvuscoronefashion-photography (I will check!)
- You don’t have to be following my personal account (haus-of-grotesque) but I will double your entries if you are!
- Deleting or altering the text in any way will get you disqualified.
- You must be willing to give me your address if you win!
- You must claim your prize within 48 hours of the winner being announced or it will go to the runner up!
The giveaway will end 30th September 2014 at 12pm and the winner will be chosen using a random generator to make it fair!
I will post worldwide so everyone can enter!
And of course, this skirt and lots of other pretty things are available to buy in our Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/CorvusCorone93I’ve decided to end this on Sunday 31st August as I don’t think it needs the extra month! I’ll announce the winner on Monday 1st September! Good luck ♥Not long left on this now!
Remember: you must be following corvuscoronefashion-photography for your entries to count!
things life is too short for:
- hating yourself
- pretending to laugh at “jokes” that are actually just bigoted statements
- not singing along to your favorite songs
- waiting hours to text someone back just to look cool
- bad coffee
- bad books
- mean people
- body shaming
- letting other people dictate your life
- larry’s storyline
you don’t realise how much tumblr has changed your view on things until you spend time with friends who don’t have tumblr and they say something and you’re just like
"Sober" by Tool
I am just a worthless liar
I am just an imbecile
I will only complicate you
Trust in me and fall as well
I will find a center in you
I will chew it up and leave
I will work to elevate you
Just enough to bring you down
i am 0% the person i was three years ago and i would probably get in a fight with 2011 me
Pete Wentz is my hero because:
- he makes music for the right reasons
- pete cares about his fans
- he inspired thousands with his lyrics and books
- besides making music, he founded his own record-label and clothing line
- he helped many bands to fame (panic at the disco, cobra starship, the academy is… etc)
- fueled by ramen wouldnt be the same without fob
- before he turned 30 he opened 4! bars - in chicago, NYC, LA and even in Barcelona
- Wentz published his book ‘the boy with the thorn in his side’ influenced by the recurring nightmares he suffered as a child and fall out toy works based on the song Tiffany Blews as well as the book ‘Gray’
- he helped depressed or suicidal teenagers coping with their illness due to own experience
- Wentz is a spokesperson for The Jed Foundation’s Half of Us campaign, a program aimed at lowering the rate of teenage suicide
- worked with UNICEF and Invisible children while being constantly humiliated and criticized by the media
- he was also an outspoken critic of California’s Proposition 8, and attended many anti-Prop 8 rallies
- helped invisible children to win 1 million dollars
- Fall Out Boy flew to Uganda and dedicated I’m Like A Lawyer With The Way I’m Always Trying To Get You Off (Me & You) to this small village they visited
- played at the Live-Earth in NYC against clima change
- he used his lyrics as a way to bring their fans about politics and their own enviroment
He did all of this while suffering of depression and a failed suicide attempt but he has a son who gives him strength every single day
Pete proved me that even after bad times, you still have the power to change.
In seven years did not only his life change, but also mine.
I cannot thank him enough for all he’s done for me. Peter Lewis Kingston Wentz III is my hero and I will support him no matter what.
“Just because today is a terrible day doesn’t mean tomorrow might not be the best day of your entire life. You just have to wake up and get there.” - Pete Wentz